Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Andrew J. Bacevich, The Limits of Power

Having listened to Bill Moyer's recent interview of Andrew J. Bacevich and immediately purchasing Bacevich's The Limits of Power: The End of American Exceptionalism (it came today), I want to share with you what I consider to be a profoundly sound analysis of what's going on in the United States today. I urge you either to watch the video of the interview, listen to the podcast, or read the transcript, and then perhaps getting a copy of the book, read it and pass the word around: Becevich is someone both the right and the left, both conservative and liberals, Libertarians and Greens, both supporters and "againsters" of Washington policy can agree upon; Bacevich is right in his analysis of the American soul, the body politic. As I slowly read The Limits of Power, I may well want to share with you of Bacevich's insights and convictions. If you've gotten or will get a copy, please post your comments!

No comments: